Friday, July 30, 2010

ROASTED TOMATO CAPRESE SALAD (Barefoot Contessa)

Caprese salad is one of my favorite lunches, side dishes, dinners, and party foods.  When my mom told me about this recipe I had to try it.  I don't think we'll ever go back to eating it cold again.  These roasted tomatoes are amazing!
12 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise, seeds (not cores) removed
1/4 cup good olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2t garlic
2t sugar
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
16 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
12 fresh basil leaves, julienned

Preheat oven to 275* Place tomato halves in pan.  Stir together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, and sugar.  Pour carefully over tomatoes.  Bake for 2 hours.  Let cool.  Stir together tomatoes, basil, and mozzarella.  Enjoy! Can also be served over pasta as a vegetarian meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment